[GCFL-discuss] Re: New Advance Directive

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue May 10 20:52:38 CDT 2005

I would be bursting with more comments if you took time to lay yours out,
but I will just note that Christopher Reeves (1) was not on life support
equipment, (2) did not request that such equipment be turned off, and (3)
most important of all, no person holding political or judicial office had
the unmitigated gall to make it a matter of public discussion WHETHER he
should or should not do so. It was left to him and his family. Suicide
has never been the issue. There is a tremendous difference between
committing an act that ends your life, and dispensing with external means
to prolong it.

Siarlys