[GCFL-discuss] Memorial Day

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Fri May 27 20:47:04 CDT 2005

It's been awful quiet lately.  I thought I would put in something.
Since it's memorial day this weekend, I would like to hear any stories about family members or acquaintances who have served in the military.  Only if you feel like sharing, of coarse.

I will share one about my great, great-grandfather.  He was at Valley Forge with General George Washington.  He talks in his diary about how hungry they were and how cold and they were all living in tents.  Only some of the wounded had huts to stay in.  The wood was apparently either wet or green and was really smokey.  He got his feet frozen and never recovered fully from it.

I wish you all a happy holiday with your families and loved ones.

Frank