[GCFL-discuss] Let there be Satan...

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Fri Nov 18 19:05:38 CST 2005

That little afterblurb answers one of the hardest theological questions I
have struggled with.

If God created a perfect world, how could anything so imperfect as Satan
creep into it?

If God knew what was going to happen,

a) why didn't God stop it before the damage was done?

b) why did God go ahead and create such a tragic world anyway?

And if God is omnipotent, why does God allow Satan to exist?

But now I know: God created Satan so we wouldn't blame God for everything
we don't personally like, appreciate, or really want to happen.

That makes sense.