[GCFL-discuss] Siarlys

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Sat Nov 19 19:54:22 CST 2005

Although I try to spend a little time learning Welsh, and have some Welsh
tapes and CDs, I am not entirely certain of the correct pronunciation. I
believe is is very similar to saying Charles in English, except with an
Sh sound on the beginning instead of the Ch. But there may be a bit more
emphasis on the y in Siarlys than on the e in Charles. Something more
like Sharl-es. Doing a Google search, I found it is actually a fairly
common name in Wales.

Siarlys

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 10:21:02 -0700 "Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies