[GCFL-discuss] Common Sense

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Wed Jan 18 20:23:59 CST 2006

I know that was a joke, but it is one of those jokes that is supposed to
make a point.

I have seen this one making the rounds before. I am getting tired of
people mourning common sense as a deceased, when all we really have to do
is practice it.

The Ten Commandments are contraband only in the minds of those who choose
to think so.

"Criminals receive better treatment than their victims" is a dangerous
distortion. Once convicted, criminals are plunged into all kinds of hell,
much of it inadvisable, considering they will be back on the street in
your neighborhood someday. (There are ways to be strict without being
capricious and destroying hope, but most prisons do not bother). But more
importantly, the procedures BEFORE conviction were written so that if you
or I or some other innocent person is ACCUSED, by mistake or prejudice or
sinister design, we have a chance to defend ourselves, and our lives are
not unduly disrupted BEFORE the charges are proved.

Many churches ARE run as businesses, but somebody has to be fool enough
to tithe. If we all had the sense to worship elsewhere, they would fold
up.

Most of the rest of it isn't bad, and the lawsuit over hot coffee was
ridiculous, but someone needs to stand up FOR common sense instead of
mourning.