[GCFL-discuss] Hi Jeanene

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Wed Jan 25 20:51:46 CST 2006

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 21:30:05 -0700 "Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies
If I said something nice to/about Siarlys, I can assure you it was purely
accidental.  He is a thorn in my flesh!
;-P
Jeanene
Tucson, AZ  USA
My initial response was:

Please Jeanene, don't embarrass yourself and your illustrious ancestor. I
could probably dig up a copy of your exact words somewhere in my email
software. But a quick summary: I said something complimentary about Gen.
Robert E. Lee, and you said something appreciative, noting that you are a
direct descendant. We might have continued exchanging fairly positive
follow-up remarks for a couple of days after that. After reading some
quotes from Abraham Lincoln's Second Inaugural Address, I am more
convinced than ever that Lee had a critical God-given role in making sure
the war ended with emancipation -- an outcome he would not have been the
least disappointed by.

Siarlys

Then I read this follow-up:

Siarlys, I would not like to be listed with the unnamed poster of the
attached e-mail.  I thought I was enjoying a little banter with you.  I
did not intend to offend you with my thorn comment.
Sincerely,
Jeanene

Its always nice to enjoy a little banter. That is how I like to think of
even the sharpest comments we sometimes exchange. Thanks for making it
clear. I am generally not in favor of everyone being "sensitive" about
not offending each other. Say what's on your mind, then I'll say what's
on my mind, if we don't agree, we're all adults, we can handle it, and,
sometimes we may even find something to agree about.