[GCFL-discuss] the media and me

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu Mar 2 22:36:21 CST 2006

I agree about the Cheney "incident".  Why did I need to be told about
that???  And why was it important to me as an American citizen?

Like in that matter, I feel like I am being manipulated by the media.  I
feel it in so many ways in my life, but just a few days ago it was apparent
again.  I was listening to the news (NPR, CNN Headline news or network news)
and they were telling us how fresh meat packages in the US are sealed with
carbon monoxide inside to keep the meat red like we like to buy it.  They
were making a huge deal about it and I felt like yelling at them to SHUT UP!
They were implying that the American consumer would be tricked into buying
bad meat because it still looked good.  Do they think we don't SMELL our
meat before we cook it?!?  Bad meat will always smell bad, even if gassed.
The medium I was watching was trying to rile me.  And THAT is what upsets
me, not the "news" report they were yakking about.
Jeanene