[GCFL-discuss] the media and me

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Fri Mar 3 20:29:44 CST 2006

We agree again Jeanene. I don't have any sense that the media, in
general, is biased toward "left" or "right", that it is "liberal" or
"conservative" -- I just have a sense that most media sources, whatever
their bias, are oriented to selecting "the right news." They are all
deciding FOR us what is important, based on what "everybody is talking
about" -- namely, what they and their friends, their avowed enemies,
their social acquaintances are talking about. In fact, the problem with
both the "liberal" media and the "conservative" media is that together
they impose on us a set of questions that are supposedly THE ISSUES that
"the American People" are concerned about. On many of these questions,
millions of us could care less.

Siarlys

P.S. I kind of expect that carbon monoxide would kill anything that might
spoil the meat, not just preserve its red color. I appreciate
preservatives.