[GCFL-discuss] the media and me

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Sun Mar 12 21:45:53 CST 2006

Nothing in English sounds like the authentic voice of G-d so much as the
KJV. I was raised on the Revised Standard Version. Only much later, did I
notice that in trying to be more accurate, the RSV took a lot of the
poetry and power out of the text. Once I started getting a little insight
into the  Greek and Hebrew texts, from people who know one or both, I
realized that what we have in English can NEVER be the full meaning of
what was originally imparted. But most of us will never learn Greek or
Hebrew, nor Aramaic, so its good we have something in English.

Siarlys

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 16:54:28 -0700 "Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies
I was raised using the King James Version of the Holy Bible and the funny
Children's Laws was written using that same feel of language.  I read it
out loud to myself and had to stop often to catch my breath from
laughing.  It really was a funny piece.  I wonder if those who aren't
familiar with the older English style of writing thought it as funny as I
did.
Anyone?
Jeanene