[GCFL-discuss] Fw: Fwd: Can the English language survive afterBush?

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon May 8 16:01:27 CDT 2006

According to certain ancient Maya calendars, Siarlys is wrong once every
third blue moon. It is an unfamiliar experience, but I try to take note
of it when it happens. I was knocked for a loop by this one, because a
few months ago, a rabid Republican email acquaintance sent me a suspect
email. (I use the word "rabid" advisedly. Jeanene is deeply devoted to
GWB, why I cannot imagine, but I wouldn't call her rabid. Jeanene and I
could probably sit down and work out a political platform that 90% of the
American people would vote for. This particular guy writes emails that
almost froth at the mouth, if that is possible.) The email, complete with
several photos of the World Trade Center on fire, claimed that the
gratuitously pardoned traitor, Oliver North, had told a senate committee
that Osama bin Laden had threatened to kill him, and that Sen. Al Gore
had expressed skepticism. The same web sites John checked informed me
that North had named Abu Nidal, not Osama bin Laden, and the skeptical
questions were posed by the senate committee's lead investigator, not by
Sen. Gore. (North was trying to explain why he spent $60,000 of
taxpayers' money to install a security system at this home.) Anyway, same
deceptively appealing claims on the web, same astute research, same web
sites clarifying the matter.

Siarlys

On Sat, 6 May 2006 09:33:26 -0700 "Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies