[GCFL-discuss] [GCFL.net] Punkin Center

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon Jul 16 09:21:07 CDT 2007

Well, what does "Punkin" signify? Was it NAMED by "some hick who didn't
know how to speak?" Or is it the the name of the family that first moved
there? Or is it just the name of the place for no reasons anybody knows?

There is a highway exit in Virginia called Powhattish. I am informed by
an elderly friend in the DC area that in her childhood, families
travelling from homes in the north to visit relatives in the south looked
at the signs and pronounced it "po' white trash."

Siarlys

P.S. If its in Arizona, why haven't you been there since childhood?

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 04:05:09 -0700 "Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies