[GCFL-discuss] How to Photograph a New Puppy

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon Jun 11 11:13:55 CDT 2007

I remember reading in an old Readers' Digest about a couple entering a
restaurant with their prize french poodle.  There was a communication
gap between the patrons and the maitre d'.  They thought they asked that
the dog be watched while they ate.  Imagine their surprise when their
dog was offered on a platter.

I do not remember what country this took place in.

But Siarlys brought up a major danger in this whole animal rights thing.
If you grant animals rights, then they are equal to people -- people
have no right to own them, to eat them, or use them.  there is no dif
between dogs & cats and prisoners & welfare recipients.

Man's right to use animals comes explicitly form the Bible:  Genesis
1:28, 9:2,3
By the way, the next verses, 9:4-10, demand that murderers of humans be
executed because Man is created in G-d's image.  Animals are not.

greenBubble