[GCFL-discuss] Vehicle Quandary

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Sat May 26 21:11:20 CDT 2007

Hi Lance,

  Thanks for opening up this discussion. My partner and I will be buying a car in about six months. He's 6 feet tall. I'm 5 feet tall. We are now driving my partner's 1986 Ford Ranger -- good for him, not so good for me. We'll drive it until it dies - he does all the maintenance on it, oil changes, brakes, water pump, alternator, etc. - so it'll probably be around at least a couple of more years.

  If I were the only one to drive the car we'll be buying, we'd go with the Nissan (mostly because I had one for 18 years and loved it). If we had more money, we'd go with the Honda. Right now the Toyota is at the head of our list due to it's excellent repair record (rather, lack of repair). The decision will be made after we've test driven all three and see which one is most comfortable for each of us.

  I appreciate all your comments. Food for thought.

  kateinmo

  Kay