[GCFL-discuss] Resolutions

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon Aug 25 21:10:38 CDT 2008

Jeanene, I really don't care what YOU think of the idea; what is
important is what John Price thinks of it, and how I can work, openly and
honestly, with whatever he thinks of it. I suspect that many people are
going to change their minds more than once in the next seventy days. I
believe reporters are correct who sense that a large wedge of voters
simply feels "we don't really know what this Obama guy stands for." If he
reassures them, he could win by a landslide. If he alienates them, the
election will be close, and McCain could win substantially in the
electoral college.

But I live in a state, and city, where opposing signs go up on different
lawns up and down the same block. I do not live in any of those isolated
enclaves the media tells us about, where EVERYONE is voting one way, or
the other, and when their candidate loses, people shake their heads and
say "I don't know ANYONE who voted for <the other guy>." McCain and Obama
voters in this neck of the woods are neighbors, sometimes even friends.

Siarlys

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 21:52:16 -0700 "Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies