[GCFL-discuss] Tired of election already

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue Dec 16 21:54:43 CST 2008

OK, I see you sent it again signed. That claim has been taken to the
Supreme Court, and denied a hearing, on the ground that there is no merit
to it. Barack Obama was born in Hawaii (U.S. territory, and also by that
time a state), to a mother who was an American citizen. Either one,
alone, would be sufficient to make him a natural-born American citizen.

Anyway, he would not be a British national, if anything, he would be a
Kenyan national. The only other nation even remotely involved would be
his father's, and by the time Barack was born, Kenya was an independent
nation, not a British colony. I did once meet a young man who was born
and raised in Kenya, to a Scottish father and a Kenyan mother. Both
resided in Kenya, but the son could claim either British or Kenyan
citizenship. For some reason in Kenyan law, if he did not appear in Kenya
on his 21st birthday to affirm his choice for Kenyan citizenship, that
would be forever denied to him, and his citizenship would be British.
Actually, not citizen, there are no British citizens, only Subjects of
the British Crown. (British National is an accurate term). Obama did not
show up in Kenya on his 21st birthday to take up residence and claim
Kenyan citizenship.

Siarlys, who has an answer for almost everything

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 11:20:05 -0800 "Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies
Ok... How valid is this claim that Barak Obama is actually a British
National not a natural born US Citizen (per our Constitution)?
~Lance

On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 7:28 PM, Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies