[GCFL-discuss] a quote for today

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Sun Dec 28 21:23:55 CST 2008

Funny. That is pretty close to the definition of "deviant" in The
American Century Dictionary: " (adj) deviating from what is normal. The
-ed ending usually indicates a verb form, such as remembered (past tense
verb, not adjective), or called, or ended, or prepared. But the
dictionary doesn't have "deviated" at all. These verb forms can become a
kind of verbal adjective, as in "remembered garden" or "cleft palette."
But then you are back to the same meaning as "deviant," the one I found
in the dictionary.

Siarlys

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 16:55:34 -0700 "Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies
No. I meant deviated.  It means
adjective
characterized by deviation or departure from an accepted norm or
standard, as of behavior.

Jeanene