[GCFL-discuss] A Quote for Today

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue Dec 30 19:59:06 CST 2008

Actually, we just like arguing. We're ornery older people who enjoy
thinking we are right and proving someone else wrong. (We both have
better motivations than that, but this kind of stuff... that's all it
is.) You're right about Safire, his columns are awfully interesting for a
man who worked in Richard Nixon's White House. Even if he didn't, they
would still be interesting. I'll have to pass for now on Lederer, I have
a backlog of books I haven't finished or started. I'm on Kenneth
Roberts's Northwest Passage and a recent book called Becoming Eichmann
(theme obvious), and I got these DVD's for Christmas that I can't find
time to watch either: The Tudors, first season, Flags of Our Fathers,
Sands of Iwo Jima, and John Adams -- oh, and I have the book too, I
haven't read that yet either. But thanks for the suggestions.

Siarlys

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 11:09:13 -0800 (PST) "Discussion of the Good, Clean