[GCFL-discuss] Lousy Cooks?

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Wed Jul 23 20:50:23 CDT 2008

Yeah!!! THIS is what a discussion group should sound like (or, I guess,
READ like).

Jeanene, you seem to have overlooked that I put the word "marriage" in
quotation marks when used in the same sentence as "same-sex." I fully
support the right of two adults of the same sex to do whatever they wish
in the privacy of their, or either or their, homes, and I don't object if
they want to share property, inheritance, hospital visiting priviliges,
but it simply is not a marriage. (I have posted detailed dissections of
the Massachusetts court decision to the contrary, and if any of the
so-called pro-family lawyers had read it, the California decision would
have gone the other way.)

Quick note to Kateinmo: There is a couple living in my parents' building
who have a similar situation to yours. They were both widowed, both had
children, neither wanted to disturb various financial and inheritance
arrangments viz. their existing families. They found a church willing to
bless their union, without expecting them to get a license from the
state. Of course the Puritans did not have church marriages, they
considered marriage purely a civil matter. But I like the general idea.
Statistically I agree with Lance, but every individual situation is
unique.

Being that I am single, at least until a lady who works too much to even
drop by for more than an hour or two a week agrees to marry me, and I
don't care to eat out much, at least not without her, I do cook, have
cooked most of my life, started learning at age six (my father always did
breakfast in our family), and I am very good at it. My specialties
include Chicken Kiev, omelettes, cottage cheese onion dill rolls, roast
beef with yorkshire pudding, and my mother's Danish Pastry recipe; for
more every day fare, I can do several things with beef, pork, ham,
turkey, and of course ground beef. For veggies, I prefer frozen corn,
peas, or green beans, fresh green pepper, carrots, celery, lettuce.
Details available if Jeanene tempts me.

One difference between me and greenBubble is that I dont' use a crock
pot. I am often tempted to pick one up cheap at a rummage sale, but then
I ask, when would I ever use it?

Siarlys

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 23:22:45 -0400 "Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies

> My repertoire consists of omelets and crockpot roast chicken.  The
> recipe for the latter is very complicated: defrost the chicken,
> (assuming it's frozen) put it in the crockpot, turn it on low, and
> come
> back 8 hours later for a delicious roast chicken.  (I do not know
> if
> this will work with a non-kosher chicken; kosher chicken is covered
> with
> a layer of salt and sits for an hour before being rinsed.  The slow
> cooking accentuates that salt.)  I can also make coffee and tea.
>
> What my wife likes the most about my omelettes is that SHE doesn't
> have
> to make it.
>
> She is a gourmet cook, and it is totally wasted on me.
>
> Ketchup has saved many a marriage.  Knowing that I can't stand
> ketchup,
> G-d sent me a wife who can cook.
>
> greenBubble

---