[GCFL-discuss] 35 years?

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Fri Mar 14 00:47:15 CDT 2008

i don't like any of the candidates.
i voted for hilary in the primary as in "better the devil you know ...."
and will probably vote mccain in  november.

greenBubble

________________________________

Subject: Re: [GCFL-discuss] 35 years?

I don't think Hillary shines. She scares me!! But I know so little about
Obama.

How are people looking at this years elections? Who do they like and
why?
~Lance

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 8:09 PM, Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies
List <gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net> wrote:

	> When I hear Hillary Clinton speak of her 35 years experience
in
	> government, I can't help think of Nancy Reagan's observation
"For
	> eight years I was sleeping with the President of the United
States. If
	> that doesn't give you special access, I don't know what does."
	>
	> Unlike Nancy Reagan, Hillary Clinton had her own law degree,
in her
	> own right, and her own law practice, distinct from the career
of her
	> husband. However, her own distinct experience in government is
only
	seven
	> years. Prior to 2000, she had been the governor's wife, the
	ex-governor's
	> wife, the governor returned to office's wife, the president's
wife...
	that
	> is what her experience in government consisted of.
	>
	> Michelle Obama has her own law degree too. But if she says,
eight
	> years from now, that she has experience in the Illinois
legislature,
	the
	> U.S. senate, and the White House, I will not be in the least
impressed
	> that she is a viable candidate for president. She might run on
her own
	> merit for governor of Illinois -- that would be a different
question
	> entirely.
	>
	> Any man or woman who aspires to be president should do so on
their
	> own distinct and individual experience in government, or lack
thereof.

	> Take, for instance, Margaret Thatcher. I would never have
voted for
	> her for anything, becuse there is very little she did or said
that I do

	> not abhor. But, as a woman in public office, she got to be
prime
	> minister as the culmination of her own service in parilament.
Her
	husband
	> Dennis never ran for or served in public office. He had a
business of
	his
	> own, and he was very much a quiet man in the background of
Thatcher's
	> public career.
	>
	> On her own, Hillary has seven going on eight years in
government.
	> Barack Obama has 8 years in the Illinois legislature, three
going on
	four
	> years in the United States Senate, total of 11+ years. It
hardly seems
	like
	> the angle which makes her shine.

and are intended only for the addressee(s).
notify the sender by e-mail with a copy to Central.SecurityOffice at siemens.com

Thank you