[GCFL-discuss] Morning

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Wed Nov 5 18:29:29 CST 2008

Matthew, for the next 14 days, I hope that your fears, whatever they are,
and whatever they are about, do indeed prove wrong. Same for you Lance.
Were you talking about the same subject? I can't remember. But if you are
scared, remember that Halloween is also over. I am confident that they
will prove wrong, otherwise I would never have... what is it I never
would have done? I can't remember that either. It seemed so important at
the time. Sore losers are an abomination unto the Lord. Whatever.

Siarlys

P.S. Supreme Court justices aren't elected, so I will note that I am
relieved to know that competent and impartial justices will be appointed
if any vacancies open up, as distinct from the utterly unqualified
(Thomas) and those who come to the court with an ideological agenda
(Alito). Roberts has his good points, particularly trying for more
consensus decisions. If its 5-4, it can't be good constitutional law, can
it? If it's good constitutional law, it should be unamimous, or at least
7-2. Brown v. Board was unanimous. And I would miss Scalia. He has some
great things to say, when he's not wrong.