[GCFL-discuss] The end of liberalism as we know it...

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Fri Oct 10 19:15:46 CDT 2008

According to my unscientific poll,

white male Roman Catholic traditionally Democratic retired working class
voters in south Milwaukee and Greendale are putting up yard signs for
Obama.

But my real epiphany came this afternoon, when I picked up a passenger
going to dialysis, and his wife ran out to say she needed an Obama sign
for their yard. They are a sweet retired couple who still speak English
with a distinctly Polish accent. Every once in a while, a driving job
gives me a reliable feeling for what is happening.

As I drove on to the next stop, for no statistically provable reason, I
KNEW for the first time that this election is not even going to be close.
McCain and his 2nd-grade sidekick don't even know the wave rising to
swamp them. But I can see it coming now.