[GCFL-discuss] Uzi

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Fri Oct 10 19:41:26 CDT 2008

Yes, that was a good response. I am adding this to my limited but growing
collection of Hebrew vocabulary. It is interesting that in most of the
world, the word "Uzi" is synonymous with machine gun -- I think a few
American gangsters have even adopted it as a nickname. The truth is
always much more illuminating than common knowledge.

It reminds me of a man who was explaining to a Bible study group
(Christian) that he had been standing on a street corner in early 2002,
in Washington DC, when a young man across the street called "Hey, aren't
you Usama's father?" He was. He had spent a few years as a Muslim, one of
the home-grown African American variants, and had named his son Usama,
which is Arabic for lion. It had a different feel by the time his son
turned 21.

Siarlys

P.S. Hi Carla. Nice to hear from you again.

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 10:21:31 -0400 "Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies
    Thank you Greenbubble ...that was an interesting bit of info....I
feel like I learned something worthwhile today.
Carla
Click here to find the rental car that fits your needs.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3nMUoIZJ9MiwtN2fwy8ftD7pcUKrSiLHO5Co75Ewa9wmUx1y/