[GCFL-discuss] Bob and Brian

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Wed Oct 15 22:02:20 CDT 2008

That's cool greenBubble. I like to dissect things and make sure I
understand them clearly too. My opening was basically an attempt to
recognize that while I have a high opinion of my own opinion, and I can
run on and on for ever, sometimes I just don't know how to say things
right or what I should have said. So if it wasn't clear the first time,
that's my fault.

Siarlys

P.S. Would someone please get Jeanene some smelling salts?

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 20:35:52 -0400 "Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies
It has been well and truly said that if you have to explain a joke, it
wasn't funny in the first place.
It truly has been said, but i don't think it was said truly.

Often, I may understand a joke but find it not funny.  sometimes, i might
be missing a key premise behind the joke, but had i understood that, i
would have found it funny.  It is true that if i hear a joke, and then
the premise, i might not find it funny, but had i understood that premise
i would have found it funny.  The trick in good joke telling is to make
sure that the audience knows the premises before the actual telling.

That said, if i do not understand a joke i always ask to have it
explained because it i find it frustrating to have it go over my head.
if, upon explanation, i don't find it funny, so be it.  but at least i
won't be frustrated.

greenBubble
---
This message and any included attachments are from Siemens Medical
Solutions
and are intended only for the addressee(s).
The information contained herein may include trade secrets or privileged
or
otherwise confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding,
printing,
copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited
and may
be unlawful. If you received this message in error, or have reason to
believe
you are not authorized to receive it, please promptly delete this message
and
notify the sender by e-mail with a copy to
Central.SecurityOffice at siemens.com

Thank you