[GCFL-discuss] Yard Signs (His and Hers)

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Wed Oct 22 21:44:44 CDT 2008

Lately as I drive my ten hour shift, I've been noticing yards which have
BOTH a McCain sign and an Obama sign proudly displayed. At first, some
appeared to be on the property of duplex or small apartment buildings.
Neighbors obviously aren't in agreement. But then, I noticed some in
front of buildings that were definitely single family homes. It appears
that husband and wife each have their own sign in the yard!

I remember when I was 16 I used to knock on doors before an election, on
week-days between 3:00 and 5:00 pm, to be answered by a stay-at-home
housewife who would answer "My husband hasn't told me who we're going to
vote for yet." We are pretty much beyond those days.

Siarlys

P.S. For anyone who is still undecided, which I guess means Lance,
although I haven't given up on John yet, I recommend this video as the
most thorough factual presentation on what John McCain has to offer in
the current financial situation:

www.KeatingEconomics.com

This is a pretty good economic assessment also:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/20/opinion/20krugman.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slo
gin

And its always good to hear from a pro-life Democrat:

http://www.matthew25.org/ad_tonyhall.htm

(Why do I still hope to win over John? Well, I read that people in
Mississippi observe that Obama is actually helping the chances of a
Democratic candidate for U.S. Senate. Its an uphill race, but if Obama is
helping him, then Alabama may shift also. Who could resist voting for
GoBama?)