[GCFL-discuss] God on Bus Doesn't Exist

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Wed Oct 22 21:51:57 CDT 2008

Lest anyone accuse me of being infatuated with politics, there is a funny
exchange of views going on at

http://www.thinkchristian.net/index.php/2008/10/21/no-god-on-the-bus/

It seems that Richard Dawkins and some less well known atheists have
gotten together some small change to run a bus around England with a sign
on the side saying "There is probably no God, so relax and enjoy your
life." The predictable critical remarks were punctuated by a reasonably
responsive atheist. Its all good fun.

Since the motive for the silly bus is reportedly some campaign on other
buses to tell atheists they would burn eternally in hell, I have
suggested the response should have been more like "Jesus says I'm going
to heaven - Matthew 25: 34-40," or "I'll be sharing grapes with the
beggar, while wealthy Christians are parched with thirst."

The atheist was also certain I couldn't be serious that evolutionary
biology was in Genesis long before scientists caught up with the big
picture. But I am. Genesis 1: 2-4 anticipated the now well accepted
understanding of the mis-named "Big Bang." (The misnomer was provided by
Fred Hoyle, a skilled astronomer, an atheist, who fought against the
theory for years because he could not accept the notion of a moment in
time and space when it all began.) Genesis 1:20 anticipated what most
science textbooks now admit: life began in the seas. Genesis 1:21 clearly
establishes that all life was not created at once in its modern form, but
that God continued the pageant of creation of the life "which the waters
brought forth abundantly."

Other people have contributed a lot of funny remarks too. Check it out,
if you have nothing better to do.