[GCFL-discuss] Yard Signs (His and Hers)

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue Oct 28 11:35:56 CDT 2008

It's interesting how you talk about digging up dirt and we find that no one
has been allowed to touch any of Obama's contacts. One example I love is how
we've dug up Mrs. McCain's wifes drug peeps, but no one has touched Obama's
drug peeps... But I'll stop there since the other discussion line will be
all about this.
(LK)
On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 8:58 PM, Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List
<gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net> wrote:

>  Well, we look at things differently, so I won't run on long. Nobody has
> taken Palin to court, but the investigation into abuse of office began
> before she was chosen as McCain's running mate. Once an election is going
> on, EVERY fact that COULD help or hurt a candidate WILL be seized on. No
> fact becomes less true, any more than any lie becomes more true, because a
> campaign calls attention to it. I believe part of the answer to your last
> question is, McCain's campaign said, if we run on the economy, we lose, so,
> we have to try to run on what we can dig up to cast doubt on Obama
> personally. The Keating video WAS the Obama campaign's response: oh, if you
> want to talk about character, here is something that voters should
> consider... I think you have called a majority of voters sheeple. Candidates
> end up appealing to the sheeple, because the sheeple are going to vote. I'm
> just glad the sheeple are showing more sense this year than the last few
> times around.
>
> Siarlys
>
> On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 03:00:20 -0700 "Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies
> List" <gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net> writes:
>
> I would say for the same reason everyone is taking Palin to court in Alaska
> all of a sudden: Politics. Someone has something to gain. Any response I
> could give would be pure speculation. One could venture this Whistle Blower
> is a Democrat and doing it for his party. There's a million guesses. But why
> does stuff like this "randomly" show up during elections?
> I think the most basic of all questions is why can't candidates run on
> their own platforms (or speak for themselves) and not Defamation of
> Character?
> ~Lance
>
> On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 5:06 AM, Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List
> <gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net> wrote:
>
>>  It is the job of each campaign to play up facts which favor their cause.
>> It is also true that both campaigns play up myths, fables and doubtful
>> insinuations that favor their cause. If I were you, which I'm not, I would
>> watch this presentation, then see what snopes or fact-checker has to say
>> about it, if anything, then see if the McCain campaign has any response,
>> then see what snopes and fact-checker have to say about McCain's response.
>> Or, google a few key words from the presentation, and see what else is out
>> there which confirms or contradicts the presentation. Obviously, Obama is
>> paying for this because they think it will help elect him. Why did the man
>> who tried to blow the whistle on the Savings and Loan mess agree to make the
>> presentation? Maybe he thinks there is an untold story worth getting out.
>>
>> Siarlys
>>
>> On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 10:10:05 -0700 "Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies
>> List" <gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net> writes:
>>
>> I'm sorry Siarlys I cannot watch a "most thorough factual presentation" on
> [...]

No animals were harmed in the sending of this message.
However, a few million electrons were extremely inconvenienced...