[GCFL-discuss] Speak

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Sun Sep 7 20:44:59 CDT 2008

Maybe we need to form a third party. (Remember the conservative Dutch
party called "List Pym Fortyn"? The guy who founded it had a big ego and
named it after himself. Threw GWB for a loop that this ultra-conservative
gay man was prime minister of Holland, then he was assassinated. But that
was background to the obvious name for our new alternative, since none of
us have such big egos.) : Good Clean Funnies List! VOTE GCFL! Pay off the
debt, end wire tapping, income tax applies only over $100,000, make up
the difference with a national sales tax that excludes food, clothing,
medicine, and rummage sales. "We worship an awesome God in the blue
states, and we don't like federal agents digging into our library records
in the red states." Oops, there I went quoting Obama again. That's really
the line that made him a viable candidate in the first place.

Siarlys

On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 19:59:50 -0500 "Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies
I don't mind too much myself, but my original purpose for this list was
GCFL related discussion.  However, I'm OK with how it has morphed so far.

By default I try not to get too serious about anything.  However, I am
WAY too conservative to vote for [G]oBama.  Perhaps the [Roll] Tide will
change in the future, but for now the GOP gets my vote.

I'm not completely pleased with all the GOP has done.  The excessive
spending is an issue for me, as well as the wire tapping.  I feel less
government is usually better than more.

Roll Tide!

jp

On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 7:47 PM, Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies