[GCFL-discuss] Presidential plans on Taxes

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Fri Sep 19 10:36:54 CDT 2008

I was talking to my parents this weekend and asked them whom they were
leading towards.
Mom is scared of Obama because of all the taxes he's planning. She's scared
he's going to strip all of the retirement my dad and her have built up for
the last 35 years.
Dad likes Obama because he wants to see change

I'm not too sure I'm so keen on having less taxes and even more affraid of
giving big companies more tax breaks. 50+ years ago Big companies were
paying 60% of the taxes now middle/low classes pay something like 70% of
taxes and that scares me.
But at the same time I don't want taxes invading my parents retirement
stashes. They've worked hard to earn that money and for some guy to come
walking in talking about taking 40% off the top of retirement funds in the
name of new taxes doesn't make sense to me at all. That's double taxation
isn't it?

Siarlys, Please shed light on both sides of both campaigns on this subject,
please.
~Lance
--
No animals were harmed in the sending of this message.
However, a few million electrons were extremely inconvenienced...