[GCFL-discuss] borrowing the Revolution

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue Sep 30 19:39:43 CDT 2008

TIME has a columnist called "The Curious Capitalist" (Justin Fox), who of
course is talking about debt. Apparently it is America's #1 export.
Everybody wants to invest in our debt, or they did until it acquired the
same doubts as Chinese children's toys and milk products.

He quotes an economist named R. Taggart Murphy who notes "People,
including me, have been saying that it had to come to and end now for
years, and it hasn't." But "it looks pretty clearly like we're in the
endgame right now."

What is most interesting though is Murphy's observation that "The Reagan
Revolution was esentially an experiment in seeing how much money America
could borrow from overseas."