[GCFL-discuss] Fwd: FW: Bumper stickers for your liberal friends

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Wed Apr 8 23:45:05 CDT 2009

Frankly, these bumper stickers all sound like they were written by
liberals.

No facts. No logic.

For the last 40 years at least, nobody who called themselves a liberal,
and nobody who called themselves a conservative, has had the slightest
idea what either of these words mean. Now if these two bands of
loud-mouthed, self-centered, navel-contemplating idiots could go off in a
corner somewhere and rip each other to shreds, the rest of us could get
on with life, work, putting our country back together again, maybe even
ENJOYING life for what it is, rather than debating what is or isn't
missing.

I note with pleasure that the date for "change" that the author "can
believe in" is Jan 20, 2013. I too expect Obama to serve for eight years.

I will add a more respectful note on the last sticker, which is a genuine
quote from a genuine, sincere, and utterly misguided conservative,
Margaret Thatcher. What she misses out on is that capitalism, as we know
it today, also spends a great deal of other people's money. Consider, for
example, the Savings and Loan scam of the 1980s, and the derivative
scandals which have nearly crippled our economy and raised unemployment
to 10% or so, as the collateral damage to making a few people very rich
on our money. When she broke up the modestly "socialized" economy of
Great Britain, she did it much the way the economy of the USSR was broken
up under Yeltsin. A small number of well-placed insiders (in the USSR
these were called communists, and they were very good at becoming
rapacious capitalists, given the chance), took over government assets,
and then treated them as private property. One of the enterprising souls
(in Britain) leveraged some national railway assets bought at fire sale
prices into a multi-continental enterprise, that has now bought
Greyhound, and also bought the company I drive for, but I haven't noticed
that anything has changed where the rubber meets the road.