[GCFL-discuss] American Pie

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Fri Jan 16 19:19:20 CST 2009

Anyone old enough to remember Don McLean's "Bye Bye Miss American Pie,"
(which was NOT the inspiration for the movie about fornicating with pies
in the 1990s). I never got the album when it was on the radio, but when I
ran across a cassette at a rummage sale a few years ago, I grabbed it,
and the less well publicized tracks are equally good.

I was just listening to it while putting page numbers onto the documents
for the appendix of an appeal brief intended to slap down the parole
commission for not having a good reason to defer parole eligibility of a
devout Christian lady who, some twenty years ago, when she was neither
devout, nor Christian, nor a lady, and was on a binge of alcohol and
cocaine, killed an acquaintance. I'm her research assistant and
secretary, she has to supervise me on her own, because no lawyer thinks
this is going anywhere. It doesn't pay, but it is what God has called me
to. If it weren't for the darn liberals being such spineless fraidy cats,
and the sensationalist media making "news" out of nothing, she would have
been paroled 2-3 years ago.