[GCFL-discuss] Two-thirds of Americans without broadband don't want it

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Sun Jan 25 20:36:16 CST 2009

I would get broadband if I moved out of this apartment building, where I
currently have free wireless internet. But I use dial-up for any bank
transactions, anything where the password gives access to money. And I
use Juno dial-up for this email. I think its good that people who don't
have it don't want it, and everybody doesn't want it. Why should we all
have to have the same thing in our house? Whatever happened to
individuality and free choice?

Siarlys

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 22:09:15 -0600 "Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies
Sounds like Siarlys... jp

>From http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09%2F01%2F23%2F1516247

Ant writes in with news that won't be welcomed by the incoming US
administration as it tries to expand the availability of broadband
Internet service. A recent report from the Pew Internet & American Life
Project indicates, as noted by Ars Technica, that two-thirds of Americans
without broadband don't want it. "...when we look at the overall reasons
why Americans don't have broadband, availability isn't the biggest
barrier. Neither is price. Those two, combined, only account for
one-third of Americans without broadband. Two-thirds simply don't want
it. The bigger issue is a lack of perceived value."