[GCFL-discuss] Dems love Rush

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Fri Mar 6 19:29:54 CST 2009

Here is a great commentary on the apparent future of the Republican
Party.

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/03/04/fears-of-a-clown/?hp

I hope it's wrong in the long run.

President Obama is doing a fine job so far, but if the Democratic Party
achieves monopoly status, it would be a disaster. They get fat the same
way the Republicans get mean (not lean, just mean). They both get lazy if
they have it too easy. I expect by the middle of his second term, Obama
will need substantial Republican support to get things done that a large
chunk of his own party won't go for. I don't even know yet what that will
be, I just expect it is going to happen.