[GCFL-discuss] Is He Funny?

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon Mar 30 20:27:39 CDT 2009

I dropped by an on-line discussion, where everyone was moaning and
groaning that comedians aren't making fun of Obama. Many suggested that
comedy is the driving force of American politics, and if nobody will
laugh at the president, he is probably going to be re-elected and set the
stage for the next half century.

I asked, if you all want jokes about Obama, why not tell a few?

Finally someone did.

I wrote back, noting that I voted for Obama in February and November, I
think he's doing a great job as president, and this joke is funny, keep
it up.

Here is the joke:

What is the difference between Jesus and Obama?

Jesus was a carpenter, Obama can't even put together a cabinet.

I also asked people to fill in the blank on an old joke. Which two former
presidents could equally well fit into this question:

What is the difference between Jane Fonda and ___________________?

Jane Fonda went to Vietnam.

(Hint: you couldn't have said that about John Kerry, John McCain, or Al
Gore. Just as Obama was too young, GHWB and Bob Dole were too old. So the
answers are...)