[GCFL-discuss] Bears

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue Aug 24 19:09:01 CDT 2010

When I was in Alaska in 1970 or so, we were told that before going for a
walk in the country, it was essential to find out whether the hill to be
climbed (going for a walk always meant climbing a good sized hill) was
the home of brown bears or black bears. Apparently they don't mix, its
all one or all the other.

If you are going for a walk on a hill among black bears, its not a big
deal, they generally don't bother people.

If you are going for a walk on a hill among brown bears, be sure to carry
a 30.06 rifle, with ammunition, and know how to make use of it.

Those were the ground rules back then. I doubt the bears have changed
much since.