[GCFL-discuss] The Poll Taker

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Sun Jun 27 00:18:37 CDT 2010

By the time this is posted, hopefully Lance will have been able to read
my response to John on the matter of the president's birth certificate.
Yes, it is a requirement for the job, its very explicitly stated in the
Constitution, and yes, his birth in Hawaii (a part of the United States
since long before he was born) is well documented, which is why its not a
big deal at all.

I recently ran across this post by a Vietnam Veteran from Texas, who is
part of an online discussion group I participate in when things get too
quiet at GCFL:

I live in north Texas.  I'll be sixty two years old a week from today.
I'm a welder that occasionally goes out to sites and does repairs for
folks.  All of this seems to be what is required to find the
conservatives that are more conservative than most.
This week I learned that Tuesday the asshole in the Whitehouse has
initiated the dismantling of the U.S. Marines.  He wants to replace our
military with contractors that report only to the Whitehouse.  Hitler and
the night of the long knives came up twice in that conversation.
I also learned the reason Clinton left a surplus was because he shut down
a majority of the bases and all of the factories making stuff like tanks
and flak jackets.  That's why our troops had to buy their own flak
jackets and weld up armor on their humvees.
I was also told that we, him and me, could stop the oil leak in the Gulf
if we were given the responsibility to do so.  All it takes to stop it
would be to put a smaller pipe in the bigger pipe that's leaking and then
inflate a rubber donut to make the seal.  But Obama doesn't want to stop
the oil leak.  He's in cahoots with BP and they want the oil spill.
These guys are serious.  I believe they believe what they say.  But my
gawd, where do they get this stuff?
I understand the racists.  They hate people of other races because of the
color of their skin.  I understand some conversatives and most
libertarians because they have a distorted vision of the world.  But I'm
having a little difficulty with appreciating those who don't have a clue
about what they're saying and the sources they depend upon to support
their irrational positions.
Most of the time I do my best to correct some of them.  But when I run
into a real nutcase I have to just smile and say, "I voted for Obama and
think he's the best thing since sliced bread.  You and me are going to
have to agree to disagree.  Let's change topics."
---------
The site is http://aleksandreia.wordpress.com if anyone wants to peruse
it further. If you look at my older posts, I had some fun debating a
sincere supporter of gay marriage, not so much that I really care to
oppose it, but I care a lot that there is no constitutional right to it
at all. If a majority of voters in a state choose to extend official
recognition of the community to same-sex marriages, they can. If they
don't, too bad, everyone still has a right to privacy.