[GCFL-discuss] GCFL Discuss The Avon Lady

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue Jan 4 14:44:59 CST 2011

 Re: [GCFL-discuss] [GCFL.net] The Avon Lady
Tuesday, January 4, 2011 9:23 AM
From: "Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List"
I guess in a rural area, the lady would be known & he could count on grandma to go after her if the check wasn't good?  Would not work in NY.

Bingo! In rural areas everybody knows everybody. I lived in a town of 1,600 people which was in a county of 13,000 people. I had to be very careful about what I said because I knew the whole county would know within 2 days!
My husband and I have recently moved to a town of 10,000 people in a county of 35,000. Not much has changed.
It was easier living in San Diego where I could voice my opinions without having half the town angry at what I had said. I don't fit very well here in the Midwest where extremely conservative values reign. However, we liberals have managed to find each other, though we are few in numbers.

kateinmo