[GCFL-discuss] Helping hand...

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Sat Jul 16 17:15:18 CDT 2011

Gee, I don't know Jeanene. Maybe its just something your parents liked.

I don't know of it as a dessert common in the upper midwest, or in West
Virginia, although in West Virginia corn bread and beans is common for a
main course. I don't recall cornbread in a glass of milk among Mexican
families in Santa Ana, California either. Is it a poor thing? I don't
know. Were your parents poor? I don't recall families short on money
putting cornbread in a glass of milk.

I do recall two big brownies heaped with three scoops of mint chocolate
chip ice cream once -- at a place my sister's family took me to.

Have I evaded your question and convinced you I have no idea?

Siarlys

P.S. Have you ever heard the Carolina Chocolate Drops singing "Cornbread
and butter bean"?

On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 02:30:54 -0700 "Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies
Siarlys,
After eating a dinner of beans and cornbread, my parents would have
cornbread in a glass of milk for dessert.  They still do that and claim
to enjoy it.
Is that something that is done commonly throughout the US (in people that
eat good ol' beans and cornbread)?  Or is it a poor thing?  Or is it a
southern thing?
Jeanene