[GCFL-discuss] The Age of Asparagus

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Wed Mar 2 19:18:52 CST 2011

Having grown up just a little too late to be a legal adult during the
1960s, and then having an opportunity to meet and work with some labor
organizers who knew how to stay in a community for the long haul, talking
about the kind of diets people who work for a living are interested in
("I want MEAT" is a good place to start), I thought the ending of that
last funny was hilarious.

But so much potential to accomplish something good was lost, chasing
after the Age of Asparagus, and the present day Democratic and Republican
parties are the ever-present result of still fighting that battle. "Let
them eat cake."