[GCFL-discuss] College Football Jokes

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Sat Sep 3 21:58:23 CDT 2011

The funniest thing about this series is that at least THREE of them are
identical to blonde jokes that have previously appeared on GCFL. Only the
stereotypes have been changed to belittle the innocent.

The next thing I noticed is that, with the exception of one joke about
northern cheerleaders, this series puts down every state in the South,
except one. If that's southern solidarity, no wonder they lost the Civil
War.

On a serious note, the real reason is that southerners loyal to the union
were more willing to fight for what they believed than northerners
sympathetic to the confederacy. For instance, my great-great-grandfather,
Reuben A. Davis, Lt. Colonel of the 11th Tennessee Cavalry... United
States Army. He and two thirds of the regiment were captured near
Cumberland Gap by a confederate general named "Grumble" Jones, but he
escaped before they could get him to Andersonville.

Finally, one thing John and I agree on: GObama! (Only I put a 2012 after
it).