[GCFL-discuss] Fw: [GCFL.net] Age by Car Radio

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu Oct 24 20:48:59 CDT 2013

Let's keep this stuff simple.

When I was in high school, Iistened to Creedence Clearwater Revivial. I
never stopped listening to Creedence Clearwater Revival.

Two years ago, I downloaded a selection from Joy of Cooking (the blues
band, not the cookbook, which I have on my kitchen shelf), which I
listened to on an LP in high school. They never quite took off as a
platinum selling group, but now I can get all their songs on mp3.

Lately I've picked up on the Carolina Chocolate Drops.

I also never stopped listening to Turn, Turn, Turn by the Byrds.

My favorite 70s song: You're the reason God made Oklahoma.

My favorite 80s song: Dance Little Jean.

My favorite 90s song... still trying to remember if there was one.

Siarlys

Age by Car Radio
Student: Every button is programmed to pop, rock, and rap -- except the
oldies station for your parents.

Young Professional: Still programmed to rap, rock, and pop, plus the
station that gives the traffic reports. As you approach your 30s, you'll
probably also add the talk station that everyone at work talks about.

Established Professional: Will use the "scan" button and until you hear
the first pop tune you learned as a kid on the oldies station.

Approaching Middle Age: Thank goodness for "adult" pop, rock, and soul;
will actually listen to the oldies for a few tunes.

Truly Middle Age: It's not that you're old enough to listen to the
oldies, it's just that they keep playing songs you know.

Approaching Retirement: The radio is either on the oldies or off.

Retired: Stopped listening to the radio -- that "oldies" station started
playing all of this "new music."

Received from Thomas Ellsworth.

--
Rate, print or email this funny at
http://www.gcfl.net/archive.php?funny=20131024

Gaviscon® Official Site
Gaviscon® Relieves Heartburn Fast! See Products, Heartburn Info & More
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/526b26b2dc50f26b2134ast03duc