[willowbrook] FW: update on Connie

Taylor, Doug dvtaylor at ziimaging.com
Fri Apr 30 16:54:02 CDT 2004

See below for an update from Connie.
Doug

-----Original Message-----
From: Connie Taylor [mailto:dugncon at knology.net]
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2004 4:37 PM
Subject: update on Connie

Dear Friends and Family,

I have finished the first round of chemo and did well
overall.  I had a couple days of nausea and one sick
night, but haven't felt nauseated since the chemo
stopped.  I hear that it will subside somewhat until
the next round, but it will hit harder and sooner the
next time.  We'll just see. I begin again May 21.

I've started having mouth sores from the chemo which
make it difficult to eat, but I manage. I'm not going
to starve! - especially with all the good meals that
have been provided! The doc gave me a mouthwash that is
supposed to help, but honestly, I find it useless.

Simple bodily functions (I won't go into detail) are
very painful, but I've got yet more medicine that is
supposed to help. I just got it today, so am hoping it
will relieve some of the burning.  My digestive system
is also starting to give me trouble. These are effects
of the radiation.

None of these sides effects have taken me (Or God) by
surprise and I know it will pass and it's not
unbearable.  It's just an adjustment.  I also know that
it is probably going to get worse, and that's ok.  God
did not zap me with all the side effects at once.  It's
been a process.  He also knows how much I can tolerate
before he adds more.  He promises never to give us more
than we can handle at one time and He will be there to
get us through. We have prayed for minimal side effects
and I believe God has honored that.

As for my energy level, I think adding so many doctor
visits to an already busy life would tire anyone out.
I'm basically managing ok.  Some days I have more
energy than others.  I hear more fatigue will set in
soon. I'm not one to sit still, so that in itself will
be an adjustment for me!

Continue to pray for COMPLETE healing, wisdom for my
doctors/nurses while treating me, and strength/patience
for me AND my family to get through this hump in our
lives.

Thank you for all your prayers, cards, and kindness in
ministering to our family. May you all be blessed and
may God be Glorified!

Connie

PS.  Please feel free to pass my updates to anyone you
know who might be interested that isn't already on my
list or Doug's list.