[willowbrook] Kenya 2004 Interest

David Thew david at willowbrook.org
Thu Feb 5 11:13:07 CST 2004

Many of you have expressed interest in the Kenya 2004 trip.  If you are
still contemplating or intend to go I need for you to reply and let me know.
If you are confident about going you need to fill out an application for the
trip and return it to me with a deposit of $150.  Some of you have already
done this.  Note that next Sunday night, 15Feb04, at 7:30 we will meet up
with other team members from around the city at Papa Lovetti's on the corner
of University and Sparkman.

For more information read the following from a letter I sent out recently
(with a couple of updates included):

May God bless you and grant you wisdom as you determine your calling for
this trip.  This trip is sponsored by the International Mission Board of the
Southern Baptist Convention through Tom Cox World Ministries. Leaders of the
trip include John Thweatt of First Baptist Church in Pell City, Doug Wever
of Harvest Baptist Church, and David Thew of Willowbrook Baptist Church.
Churches that are represented include Willowbrook Baptist Church, Harvest
Baptist, Chase Valley Church, Cove United Methodist, and First Baptist Pell
City. In addition, we have been told that there is an interest level of more
than 60 people from around the state. The team will also include people from
several other states.

The cost of the trip is $3200 to fly out of JFK.  The flight from Huntsville
to JFK will be around $250.  A three day extension is available for an
additional $537. We are planning a day retreat with team members from around
the state. This is scheduled for Saturday, June 5, in Arab, Alabama.

There will be an increased medical focus this year. After a person receives
medical treatment in the form of triage, dentistry, eye exams, and glasses,
among other things, they will sit down with a counselor who will share the
good news of Christ with the help of a translator. In our experience, the
majority of Muslims who come to Christ are willing to listen because of the
medical treatment that is offered.

In the evenings there will be several evangelistic crusade sites throughout
the city. Many of you will have the opportunity to share your testimony or
sing at these events. We will also have a need for team members to work with
children in the village surrounding the church compound.

One of the key characteristics of this trip is flexibility. We are there to
serve Christ and the Kenyan pastors in whatever way they direct us. Included
in this letter is an application. Please fill this out prayerfully and
return it as soon as possible.

For the Savior,

David Thew

Co-leader of Kenya 2004

Willowbrook Singles

leading singles into a growing relationship with Christ

David Thew
Minister with Single Adults

7625 Bailey Cove Road
<http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=7625+Bailey+Cove+Road&csz=Hu