[willowbrook] Susan Holmes & Marsha Davis - Prayer Requests

Sheila Eisenzimmer sheila at willowbrook.org
Wed Mar 31 16:28:25 CST 2004

Many of you know that Susan Holmes, daughter of Jackie Holmes, our pastor's
secretary, was involved in a severe auto accident on March 20, 2004. She has
been in Huntsville Hospital being treated for multiple broken bones,
including her back and neck. She was moved to Health South yesterday. Here
is a phone call we received today:

Jackie Holmes just called the office to let us know that David's (her
husband), grandfather, J. D. Holmes, had a heart attack and passed away.  No
details at this time.  Jackie said that Susan was having a better day today
until this happened.  Susan can have visitors between the hours of 4 and 8
pm and is in HealthSouth Rehab, Room 207.  Jackie just asked that we all
remember them at this time.

Also, Jim Davis' update today on Marsha:

Today was a roller coaster!  When I arrived for my first visit this morning
Marsha had opened her eyes spontaneously and was keeping them open.  This
was an answer to my specific prayer request and I was very encouraged.  Even
though she had her eyes open she did not follow movement or seem to respond
to me.  Even so, I was very excited to see this as progress.

On the next visit I was told that a culture had shown that she had a staph
infection and they were limiting her visitors and requiring me and family
members to don masks, gowns, and gloves.  This is a serious development
since she is already severely weakened and in a vulnerable condition.

Later on a subsequent visit her cardiologist told me that her responsiveness
was minimal and with the staph infection the situation was very grave.

We are still trusting the Lord and living day by day.  Continue to pray. Ask
that the staph infection be quickly resolved so she doesn't have to fight
too many battles at once.

Jim Davis