[willowbrook] FW: update on Connie

Taylor, Doug douglas.taylor at intergraph.com
Thu Sep 2 16:12:50 CDT 2004

An update from Connie...

----
From: Connie Taylor [mailto:dugncon at knology.net]
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2004 4:09 PM
Subject: update on Connie

It's been a while since I sent an update, but I hadn't seen any
doctors and didn't have any new news.  I've just been healing
and getting back into my routines. Last week I saw the
oncologist and I'm doing pretty well. I have some bood clots
from all the IV's, but he said they may never go away, but
would not cause any problems. My blood counts were on the low
end of normal, but were within normal range so he was not
concerned. I see him again in 4 months. Pray my blood counts
remain normal.

I've put on plenty of weight (those of you who have seen me can
testify to that!) and my appetite is more than good!  My hair
is beginning to fill in again and I'm looking forward to losing
the hats! The energy level has much improved and I do not take
naps as often. If I stay too busy, it catches up with me and I
have to relax and revamp before I go again. Then again, that
could describe anyone!  I've also been able to work out at the
YMCA again (Yes, still at 5:30 am) several days a week to build
my muscles.

Today I saw the gastroenterologist.  My final check will be
Friday, September 17. I still have an area that has not healed
and am hoping that will be better by then. The doc feels it's
from the radiation and not the tumor.

My request for prayer is that all will go well on the 17th,
that the doctor can verify the cancer is gone and that I will
be completely healed from the cancer and the effects it's had
on my body. I know I am doing well and am working my way back
to normal, but my "human side" will feel so much better when I
know I am healed and this is behind me:)

Once again, thank you for your prayers. I'll update you again
on the 17th.

Connie