[willowbrook] Maroney Prayer Requests

Sheila Eisenzimmer sheila at willowbrook.org
Tue May 31 10:38:07 CDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Maroney [mailto:eric.maroney at pobox.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 3:46 AM
Subject: Maroney Requests

Greetings from sunny, hot, and beautiful Split, Croatia!

    We recently received several "complaints," stating that we've not been
listing enough praises in these dispatches, so...

    A major praise on the home front.  Over the past few months we've been
having problems with some hooligans in the neighborhood, it's amazing how
annoying teenagers can be (we can say this because our oldest is only 7, and
we've forgotten what we were like at that age...), but they've managed to

reach a point with us that demanded action, when Kayleigh's Barbie bike,
which she had saved for six months to buy, went missing.

    Eric told the boys they were not to hang around our building anymore.
There's really no other place for them, but we cant really sympathize with
them, when their idea of passing the time fruitfully is to stand in our
stairwell and smoke cigarettes. They decided they didn¹t need to listen to
him.  They were wrong.

    After talking with all the tenants in the building Eric visited their
parents and received an assurance that they would not longer loiter at our
place (even though loitering is not a crime in Croatia).  However, just for
insurance, and because of the way they have been treating the ladies in the

building, Eric also had a meeting at the police station.  He didn¹t name
names, but also received assurance that they would support us, sending an
officer over to visit the parents if needed.

    All of this was done without screaming, without insults, and without
comments about personal hygiene or family decent.  As we talk about in our
next newsletter, which will finally be arriving to you tomorrow (and it is
rather hefty), "complications" such as these sometimes cause for the
greatest witness.  The lady at the police station actually made the comment
that she wished that there were more Croats like Eric in Croatia.  Those
ofyou have have been along with us for the past seven years will be as
shockedby this statement as we were.

    Thank you for keeping us in your prayers, not just our work.  God is
taking good care of us here. On the issue of praises: We don¹t think that,
without a few exceptions, that any of the requests you have made on our
behalf before the Lord, have gone unanswered.  And even those that are
unanswered we still consider to be in the "still in progress" category.
Thank you for remembering us.

 Finally, please be in constant prayer for the business project underway.A
week from today we will be having a promotional seminar.  Eric has mailed
out about 350 personal invitations, please pray specifically that at
least10% of these people will be there Tuesday night.  Please also pray for
safe

travel for Ron Klein, who will be leading the seminar, and will be arriving
Sunday.

    In Christ,

    Eric and Julie