[willowbrook] Immediate Help Needed for Hurricane Katrina Victims here in Huntsville

Doug Taylor dvtaylor at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 11:53:55 CDT 2005

Sorry.  Attachments are always stripped from emails sent to this
Willowbrook list.  Here's what the attachment said:

---- end attachment ----

Can You Help?

Grace Lutheran Church and School is currently the only designated Red
Cross shelter in the city of Huntsville for the victims of Hurricane
Katrina. Today (August 31) approximately 35 people arrived and we
expect to be filled to our capacity of 75. These people need our help
in more ways than just a roof over their heads. Red Cross is providing
cots, basic necessities, and food for them and we are pulling in TVs
and VCRs for them to use. You can imagine that one or two of these is
certainly not enough for "creature comforts." This is where you can
help.  Can you share your blessings with them?

We suggest that for the moment, the people here would appreciate
having books, magazines, tapes, toys, games, board games, newspapers,
etc. We have quite a few young children, and we all know how easily
they can get bored.

We are in the process of learning exactly how we can help support the
efforts of the Red Cross, as well as other relief efforts and we will
get information to you as soon as we get everything finalized. For
now, we just wanted to get this out to you so you can possibly send
something to school tomorrow.

If you have any questions, you may feel free to contact Tom Naatz, who
is the coordinator of this effort. You can reach Tom on his cell phone
at 527-0170. You can also email him at tnaatz at juno.com or call him at
home at 883-5291.

In His Love and Service,
Dr. Ellinor White