[willowbrook] Fwd: How to Help Katrina victims

Doug Taylor dvtaylor at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 15:23:41 CDT 2005

fyi

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lynda Middleton <rlmiddle at knology.net>
Date: Sep 6, 2005 3:08 PM
Subject: Re: [willowbrook] How to Help Katrina victims
To: Doug Taylor

Hi Doug,

Could you please send this information out to everyone?  It is about clothes
donations.  Thanks a bunch!

Lynda Middleton

Hello church!

You have been very generous with your clothes donations to the folks at the
LaQuinta.  Thank you so much.  However, the hotel can not handle the amount
of stuff they have collected over the weekend.  We need your help.  All of
the clothes have to be out by this Friday.  They need the room for another
place to set up food.  On Wednesday, we are going to the LaQuinta to begin
moving the clothes and take them to Paula Buccellato's warehouse on Triana.
She stores clothes for Christ's closet and other charitable organizations.
We will be setting up the items in her warehouse so that the evacuees can
come there and get what they need.  If anyone can help us load and move
stuff tomorrow at 10:00, we would be grateful!

Also, if you still want to donate stuff, please make sure it is on a hanger
and clean.  It is very very overwhelming to go through hundreds of bags of
clothes and hang them up and size them.  It is much easier for someone who
is looking for clothes to see them on a rack then it is to look through
stacks.  If anyone wants to help sort and hang up stuff we could use that
help also.  You can call me or Paula  and we will put you to work!

Thanks again for all your generosity and your servant heart. My number is
883-5777 and my email is rlmiddle at knology.net.

Serving with you,

Lynda Middleton

P.S.  Several of you have asked about specific needs so here are a few that
I saw this weekend -

Men's jeans - all sizes (without holes!)  new packages of men's
underwear(boxer's and briefs) and socks - Men's belt's , tennis shoes   -
all large size clothing, Ladies hair care products(hairspray, gel etc.)