[willowbrook] urgent prayer for FMB missionaries in Israel

Judy Neergaard jhnath at knology.net
Fri Feb 10 20:13:10 CST 2006

Dear Brethren,

Lynn and I have some dear friends living in Israel.  They have asked
for prayer.

-------------------
This past week, we have been told by the Ministry of Interior, here in
Israel, that they will not renew our A3 visa, and they have requested
that we leave the country. They have refused to give a reason, namely,
they don't have a legal one.  Never in the history of the Southern
Baptists has a visa been denied. We are here because of a historical
right (Baptists were in Israel pre-1948), and also because of the Law
of Status Quo (Israel and the US have an agreement which allows the
exchange of Religious persons between the two countries).

Such a move by the Ministry of Interior would be precedent setting,
one we can't allow to happen. It could impact the whole Christian
community within Israel.

On Sunday, the Lawyer for the Southern Baptists and our business
manager will approach the offices responsible for the decision to deny
our visa.

We ask you to pray on this day: pray that the Lord would reverse the
decision.

Under His wing,
 (Name withheld)

PS. If you are in North America, the meeting will occur between
midnight and 8 am Sunday. Please ask your churches to pray on Sunday
morning.