[willowbrook] Beth's Mother obituary & a note from Beth below.

Sheila Eisenzimmer sheila at willowbrook.org
Mon May 1 18:55:23 CDT 2006

Beth (Mrs. John Jr.) Massey's mother went to be with the Lord Sunday
morning. Her information is below.

Betty R. Pipes

Died April 30, 2006
Betty Rockley Pipes, 83, of Scottsboro, formerly of Pawtucket, R.I., died
Sunday. Betty loved music and was a gifted pianist. She served the community
with her musical talents throughout her years. She was an active member of
The Women of the Moose Chapter 1962 of Scottsboro and BAHACA Court No. 90
Ladies Oriental Shrine of North America of Huntsville. Betty will long be
remembered for her generous and loving attitude. "When this you see,
remember me, and keep me in your mind; let the whole world say what they
will, speak of me as you find." Survivors include her husband of 60 years,
Albert Willoughby Pipes of Scottsboro; son and daughter-in-law, George and
Regina Pipes of Hazel Green; three daughters and sons-in-law, Diane and
Robert C. Steffy Jr. of Knoxville, Cynthia and James Hunt Green of
Scottsboro and Beth and John W. Massey Jr. of Huntsville; grandchildren, Dr.
Georgina Pipes of Meridianville, Teresa Green of Huntsville, Dr. Christopher
Green of Birmingham, Timothy Pipes, Blake Massey and Michelle Massey, all of
Huntsville; special friend, Alicia Fossett of Langston; and two beloved
pets, Gypsy and Suki. Visitation will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday at
Scottsboro Funeral Home. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday in
the funeral home chapel with the Rev. Fletcher Comer officiating. Burial
will be in Cedar Hill Cemetery. The family would like to extend a special
thank you to New Beacon Hospice of Scottsboro for all their assistance. In
lieu of flowers, the family requests donations be made to
Moosehart-Moosehaven Endowment Fund or Shriners Hospital for Children.
Published in The Huntsville Times on 5/1/2006.

For all who desire to go, I will be taking the church van to the visitation.
I'll leave the church parking lot at 5:15 sharp Tuesday evening! If you
desire to go in the van reply to this e-mail or call me 883-0907 X 126. I
can drive 13 comfortably. Same scenario for the funeral Wednesday AM. We
will leave at 8:30 AM & return after funeral.

  Sheila Eisenzimmer

  _____